Wednesday, March 11, 2009

my SiCK obsession with bob marley.

anyone that knows me. anyone that knows i breathe. anyone that knows i exist. knows that i have a sickly obsession with Bob Marley. this obsession i can say started when i was about 4. i used to go to preschool with my dad , he used to drive there in his rusty blue oldsmobile hoopty that he affectionately named maybel. these trips started my whole infatuation with reggae, with rasta, with universal love and everything like that. my dad, he had an accent so i used to have this things about , jamaican accents. it used to make me happy, it used to make me laugh when people would say crazy words that only jamaicans or west indians & caribbean people would undestand. i used to know all the words to all the songs on the legend album. you know those old records where you play them in a stereo and record them & put them on tape then play the,, thats how old my dad's car was. thats how old I am. can't believe it but yeah. i used to just sing and just had the desire to go to jamaica and meet all my relatvies from there. before they all moved to costa rica but thats a WHOLE other history lesson. i just wanted to share that piece of information about myself. i truly believe that Bob Marley was a prophet. maybe not a prophet like moses, but a prophet of love , of understanding, of caring. if you have a soul, you could just feel Bob Marley's vibe. you could feel what he was saying was relevant. you knew it was a true message. my favorite song by him is "Jammin' ". i used to be the little voice that said jammin'.jammin'.jammin' in the background when i was like five lol .. i used to always dream about being in the i-three's. it was really bad .. i even wanted dreads before my mom yelled and asked if i was crazy .. my love for bob marley is infinite. but yeahh dats all i have to say about bob marley. :)

bob Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment