Wednesday, March 11, 2009

culturally unaccepted.

im new to this! so my first blog is going to be about how it is to be a Costa Rican-American. I was born in America, but my whole family is Costa Rican. When people think Costa Rican, they think of Hispanic people. So when I tell people I'm Costa Rican, I'm often told "Oh, I thought you were African!" or "Aren't you Jamaican?". I understand the misconception of me being Jamaican because i say certain words funny such as "important"and sometimes when i get frustrated i end my sentences with the word "cho". & i have a gap so thats looked at as an African trait . Sometimes it sucks being a Costa Rican-American because you have their culture and you grew up in their culture, but when you go to the country, they expect you to be stuck-up and proper. Sometimes I end up being quiet because I don't want their judgments. But I will forever love Costa Rica and the culture. Despite of not being fully accepted in it.

costa rica flag Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment